Innovative 8 Finned – Hollow Multilayered Fiber
Named as Octa™ neomultilayer fiber
- Unique cross section comprising eight projections, or fins, aligned in a radial pattern around a tube-like fiber.
- It is a sheath-core fiber that uses Octa filament as its core material and combines the low weight, high bulkiness, water absorption and water diffusion, with the texture and softness of staple fibers selected for each application.
- It also offers stiffness, stretchiness and breathability and can be integrated through combined weaving with other highly functional fibers
- It will be launched in 2017 spring/summer for sportswear and underwear applications.
- It has other applications viz. uniforms, bedding and various industrial materials.
- Annual sales of 500,000 meters is targeted by the FY ending in March 2020.
There is strong demand for materials that offer better textures, not achievable with conventional fibers. Staple fibers offer the desired texture, but they lack sufficient strength and stretchiness. Hence, this technology of combining 8 finned fiber with other chemical fibers will serve the purpose.