Fiber Updates (From 30th July to 04th August 2018)
1) In the beginning, China PSF makers hiked offers boosted by strong upstream.
Driven by rising PTA futures, PSF makers hiked offers by 100-200 yuan/ton. PSF market in Shandong and Hebei was stable to firm. In Fujian, PSF makers hiked offers supported by firm cost.
2) In the midweek, China PSF central values moved up.
Crude oil was in a firm note while PTA market turned weak. PSF makers hiked offers or cut down discounts, resulting in higher central values. In Fujian, PSF makers hiked offers by 50 yuan/ton.
3) PSF market in China supported by firm cost near the end of the week.
4) China VSF transaction improved in the beginning of the week.
As a result, they generally controlled offtake volumes, according to their stocks.
5) In the midweek, VSF sentiment turned firm following active trades in China Markets.
6) VSF prices became stable in China Markets in the end.
7) China sold 16,500 tonnes of cotton at auction of state reserves at average price of 14,929 yuan ($2,196.41) per tonne.
Sales represents 55.11 percent of total cotton available at the auction.
8) China PET chip market pushed up by firm feedstock in the beginning of the week.
9) China PET chip market lingered in the upward streak after the firm beginning.
SD chip market was in a firm note with offers up by 100-150 yuan/ton.
10) China PET chip market held stable to higher in the end of the week.